Industry recognised Letters of Indemnity may be obtained in the following circumstances:-
- DELIVERING CARGO WITHOUT THE PRODUCTION OF THE ORIGINAL BILL OF LADING.
- DELIVERING CARGO AT A PORT OTHER THAN STATED IN THE BILL OF LADING.
- DELIVERING CARGO AT A PORT OTHER THAN STATED IN THE BILL OF LADING AND WITHOUT PRODUCTION OF THE ORIGINAL B/L
There are two versions of each Letter of Indemnity, one version signed only by the requestor and a second version where the Letter of Indemnity is jointly signed by a bank.
Assureds are reminded that there is no cover in respect of liabilities arising out of the delivery of cargo without production of the original bill of lading or for delivery at a port other than that stated in the bill of lading.
The obtaining of a Letter of Indemnity, whether co-signed by a bank or otherwise, does not re-instate cover, but in effect must substitute the Assureds prejudiced insurance cover. It is therefore important that Assureds satisfy themselves as to the financial standing and reliability of the party issuing the Letter of Indemnity.
Please click on the below links to download the various industry recognised Letters of Indemnity.
- LOI-A-Delivering_Cargo_Without_Production_Of_The_Original_Bill_Of_Lading (WORD)
- LOI-AA-Delivering_Cargo_Without_Production_Of_The_Original_Bill_Of_Lading_Incorporating_A_Bank’s_Agreement_To_Join_In_The_Letter_Of_Indemnity (WORD)
- LOI-B-Delivering_Cargo_At_A_Port_Other_Than_That_Stated_In_The_Bill_Of_Lading (WORD)
- LOI-BB-Delivering_Cargo_At_A_Port_Other_Than_That_Stated_In_The_Bill_Of_Lading_Incorporating_A_Bank’s_Agreement_To_Join_In_The_Letter_Of_Indemnity (WORD)
- LOI-C-Delivering_Cargo_At_A_Port_Other_Than_That_Stated_In_The_Bill_Of_Lading_And_Without_Production_Of_The_Original_Bill_Of_Lading (WORD)
- LOI-CC-Delivering_Cargo_At_A_Port_Other_Than_That_Stated_In_The_Bill_Of_Lading_And_Without_Production_Of_The_Original_Bill_Of_Lading_Incorporating_A_Bank’s_Agreement (WORD)